“God Works in the ways we don’t know! Even in dark corners like this, God brings light.”– Dennis, Arrows + Hope Entebbe Center Organizer
Arrows + Hope recently partnered with Emmanuel Bible Church in Entebbe, Uganda to provide sponsorships for the orphaned and vulnerable children in the community they serve. Daniel and Jalia planted this church to intentionally reach a poor community with the message of Christ! Today, there are 12 children sponsored in this center!
Life in urban Uganda is difficult. Many families have no land to farm, rent their homes, and live hand to mouth. With the country still on lockdown, it is increasingly difficult to find ways for these families to pay rent and feed their families. Starvation is a very real concern.
Arrows + Hope has been able to provide food for each of the sponsored children’s families. These single mamas and grandmothers are so grateful for this support! One mother said, “Indeed this is a miracle to me!”
Below is a video from Jalia, as well as photos of the mamas and grandmothers receiving food at the church. Thank you for your continued prayers and support for these beautiful families!
- Thank God for generous donations for food for the sponsored kids and their families.
- Thank God that no child or caregiver has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Pray for safety for our Uganda Team in distributing food to the families of our sponsored kids.
- For wisdom in determining the exact needs of families.
- For the health of our Ugandan Team members. Ruudy is currently battling an ulcer and Claude is on medication for malaria.
- Pray for Sophy, the remaining foot soldier at this time.